Thursday 10 January 2013

Chocolate box card

Hiya everyone, 

I had a spare few minutes so I thought I'd share another of the cards that I entered into the Card Designer of the Year competition.  I decided I wanted to make a chocolate themed card and this was what I came up with!

It is a twisted easel card with a built up base.  The base is about 1.5cm thick and is basically the kind of box I make to put a 3D card in but I made the easel card around it.  I made some dividers for the bottom and cut a square aperture in the top.  I then cut 3 small circles, 3 scalloped circles and 3 squares which I rounded the corners on.  I then decorated these shapes to look like chocolates.  The ones I liked best I placed inside the box where there would be visible when it was open.  Some nice chocolate ribbon and bow keeps the easel upright as I didn't want to cover up the chocolates too much.  It took a while to get it to look right as I was making it up as I went along.  
 
I used a gorgeous Bo Bunny 6x6 paperstack called crazy love and apart from the Martha Stewart heart border punch, I didn't really use a lot else.   I even used the heart border punch to make some pretty corners The sentiment I printed out myself and I went over it with sakura clear glaze pen although you can't tell this from the piccie.  This looks a lot better in the flesh and was really pleased with the way it turned out considering I didn't really have a clue what I was doing!

The above piccie shows the matching box and tag for the card to go in.  I was in such a rush to send my cards off that I'm afraid to say that these were the best piccies I took which is a shame.  

I will share the 3rd card with you too at some point!

Thanks for looking!



12 comments:

  1. I like color and words!) So cute ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that's so clever Paula, both the design and the sentiment! Beautifully done in the chocolate brown and pink, one of my favourite combos! Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Paula! I lurve choccies, but this will last a lot longer than the real stuff!! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is amazing. Love the design - fab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Piękna praca, wspaniała kolorystyka:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Paula. I love the design and colours.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card ,I love it^_^
    Too sweet sentiment and lovely papers^_^
    Have a beautiful day,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Paula. A worthy winner!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fab creation. If only it were true. I think I love chocolate more than anyone (except perhaps my cat). Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete